What is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation(TMS)?
TMS Therapy is similar to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), which uses precisely targeted magnetic pulses that stimulate key areas of the brain that are underactive in patients with depression.
This novel treatment option is conducted right in the doctor's office. Patients are awake and alert during treatment and can go back to their normal activities immediately after treatment is completed. In-office treatments take ~50 mintues and are administered 5 days a week, for approximately 4 to 6 weeks.
- This novel cutting-edge treatment was approved for patients with major depression by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- TMS is also effective in a variety of other conditions (Please see Other Applications)
- Compared to conventional medications, TMS is
- Far more effective. We have 79% success rates (for details see Effectiveness in Depression)
- Faster acting (Full recovery in 4-6 weeks)
- Safer, with very few side effects, can even be safe in pregnancy and in adolescents (For more details see Safety)
- Contemporary Care is one of the most experienced and successful TMS Practices in the country! (For details see Why US?)
- We are also one of the most successful in getting patients reimbursed (For details see Health Insurance and Affordability)